Monday, November 14, 2011

A Peek At Our OCC Shoeboxes




This week (November 14-21, 2011) is Collection Week for Operation Christmas Child's shoebox projects. In this video or vlog, as they say, I share what we put into our boxes this year. My hope is that this will encourage more people to participate in this worthwhile project and maybe give some ideas of what kinds of things to put into your box(es)!

Related posts:

How To Pack A Shoebox by mary bailey. Cute!
Operation Christmas Child--Meryl's Story by Passionate Homemaking. This is super awesome!

Find out all the details at the Operation Christmas Child website!


5 comments:

Melanie said...

I enjoyed your video, Mary Ann. You did a wonderful job on it! How nice to include some hand-made items. I'm sure your boxes will be a blessing.♥
Katie and I will be at our church tonight putting some boxes together. We always enjoy it every year.
I hope you have a great week! :)

Tea said...

Loved your video Mary Ann!! I also thought your handmade gifts were really lovely!! ♥

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching your vlog, Mary Ann! I'm impressed with how much you were able to pack in your boxes. I usually buy the Rubbermaid shoeboxes like you did, but this year our church kind of pressured us to use the OCC ready-made boxes. Now I see that I lost about half the space I used to have! Next year I will definitely go back to using a plastic shoebox. Love all the items you included! Thanks for including a link to my post!

Kathryn said...

At first I thought your title said "A Peek at our OCD Boxes"...and I was like what??? lol

~katie~ said...

What thoughtful boxes, Mary Ann! I love that you took the time to prepare such beautiful handmade items to include. The little fabric tablet holder with all the goodies inside, the crayon rolls, the purse, and the cute accessories you stitched are sure to be treasured and appreciated. All of your items were carefully selected, and I'll pray with you that the little ones receiving these boxes will see the love of our Savior through your thoughtful gesture.

Thanks for sharing ~ your videos are great!! The music in the background is so soothing.

Blessings on your day,
Katie