This week's menu-- a roasted chicken and more!
**For weight loss and general health, we eat a diet low in grains but higher in protein, healthy fats, vegetables and fruit. For the most part, we avoid wheat, corn, refined sugar, starchy vegetables such as corn and potatoes and most processed foods. It is a work in progress--our diet isn't always perfect and we are far from eating all organic but we have both lost a good bit of weight since changing to eating this way in March of 2011 and we feel great! And for the record, we do eat a lot of brown rice and eggs and we're ok with that!**
I menu plan from Wednesday to Tuesday each week.
1. Rotisserie-Style Chicken, brown rice, green beans
2. Mexican chicken skillet (using leftover chicken from day 1), brown rice, avocado, cheese, sour cream
3. Salmon patties, spicy roasted cauliflower, roasted beets
4. Chicken gravy (using broth and chicken from day 1) over brown rice, steamed carrots
5. Eat Out
6. Meeting #1: Take sweet potatoes, crustless pumpkin pie, vanilla ice cream
7. Meeting #2: (Finger foods):Take deviled eggs
1. Soup leftovers, cucumbers
2. Tuna salad with celery and peppers, cheese
3. Chicken dinner leftovers
4. Hot dogs, rice salad, cheese
5. Celery with egg filling (leftover deviled egg filling), random bits of leftovers, cheese, peppers, hard-boiled egg
6. Canned or frozen soup, celery with peanut butter
7. Church Fellowship: Take Crockpot chicken and rice (turned out very good!)
We eat mostly eggs for breakfast at this point as they are less expensive than meat! This week we have scrambled eggs (4x) and eggs baked in a muffin tin (3x). Some days served plain and other days with cheese, avocado, a little ham or salsa.
To bake eggs in a muffin tin:
Grease muffin tin. Break one egg into each hole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until set to your liking. We like yolks still runny. Let cool a minute before removing to plate.
When I do this, I bake a whole dozen and then refrigerate the leftover for several days worth of breakfasts!
Snacks this week are: peanut butter banana smoothies, mixed fruit and yogurt smoothie, kiwi, strawberries, bananas and apples.
We typically eat fruit for snacks!
What's on your menu this week?
**This post is part of Menu Plan Mondays!