This week's menu plan-- We're having a bit of a cold snap so soup is on the menu again!
**For weight loss and general health, we eat a diet low in grains but higher in protein, healthy fats, vegetables and fruit. For the most part, we avoid wheat, corn, refined sugar, starchy vegetables such as corn and potatoes and most processed foods. It is a work in progress--our diet isn't always perfect and we are far from eating all organic but we have both lost a good bit of weight since changing to eating this way in March of 2011 and we feel great! And for the record, we do eat a lot of brown rice and eggs and we're ok with that!**
I menu plan from Wednesday to Tuesday each week.
1. Hot dogs (chicken, nitrate/nitrite free), sweet potato and beet fries
2. Grilled Israeli spice chicken legs, brown rice, big green salad with Basic Vinaigrette
3. Chicken lentil soup (crockpot), baked sweet potatoes
4. Salmon, baked sweet potatoes, steamed veggies
6. Meeting #1: Take Shrimp Jambalaya (crockpot)
7. Meeting #2 (Finger Foods): Take veggies and homemade onion dip, chips (To make dip, I used about 2 1/2 Tablespoons homemade mix (click link for recipe) added to 16 ounces sour cream.)
Green salad with tuna and lots of veggies, cottage cheese
Hot dogs, cottage cheese, rice chips
Church fellowship: Take veggies and dip, applesauce cake
We typically eat eggs as part of our higher protein/lower grain diet. This week we're eating scrambled eggs and a baked egg and cheese casserole for breakfasts.
Our snacks are typically fruit. This week we have apples, pears, red grapes and bananas to choose from. We also add some applesauce, plain yogurt and peanut butter to some of these.
What are you eating this week?
This post is part of Menu Plan Monday over at Organizing Junkie!