Thursday, April 01, 2010

A Salad Kind Of Night


It's been lovely and warm here and today the temps were in the mid-80's.

Great weather but not so great for eating the lentil soup that was on the menu for tonight's supper. I felt like it was more of a salad kind of night.

Thankfully, a Costco trip provided us with a small variety of fresh salad greens, veggies and fruit. I raided the refrigerator, pantry and freezer for salad bar worthy ingredients.

The sky's the limit when creating your own salad bar.

Tonight's cast of characters:
  • Chicken breast cut in strips and sauteed with a bit of Pampered Chef's Asian Seasoning Mix. 
  • Hard-boiled eggs.
  • Cheese cubes.
  • Corn leftover from last night's dinner.
  • Frozen peas.
  • Sliced strawberries
  • Mini sweet pepper rings.
  • Shredded carrots.
  • Organic spring mix.
  • Croutons.
  • Homemade salad dressing. Tonight's variety (at the last minute) was simply salsa and sour cream mixed together to a pourable consistency. 
Delicious!

What do you like on your salad?




4 comments:

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

I like salad's but always "hate" fixing them... for some reason. I love going to Salad Bars - I suppose because it's all done up so nicely and conviently. AHemmm.

What time is dinner? Looks and sounds delish.

gail said...

oh i'm jealous of your 80 degree weather. i would have ditched the lentils for salad too =)

Mary Ann said...

Bevy,

Yeah, salads are one of those things that I have to force myself to prepare sometimes. It seems like so much work but in reality, usually only takes me a few minutes. In a perfect world, I'd always have salad fixings prepared and ready in stackable containers in the fridge! hahaha

Mary Ann said...

Gail,

I've heard about the cooler weather you've been having on the West Coast. So sorry!:-)