Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Randomitis

Hope you are all enjoying some spring weather!

Today's post is a conglomeration of bits and pieces of news and what-not:

**We got a new love seat! This $20 yard sale find replaced our old love seat which was a hand-me-down when we were married. It was on it's last leg, literally. Sitting on it was becoming a bit more like a rocking chair than a couch. The "new" (to us) love seat is pretty worn but very sturdy and comfortable. It's saving graces were that it came with a slipcover and they delivered for free! The slipcover was pretty dingy and at first, I thought I wouldn't want to use it but some Shout and two wash cycles cleaned it up very nice! Thank you, God!

**All of my seedlings have died. About half never sprouted and the ones that did, eventually shriveled up. I thought I would try replanting but then found out yesterday that we might be moving! Not sure yet if we will or what the time frame would be. So I'm holding off on any big gardening plans. I may still plant a few things in pots and the flowerbeds but nothing more at the moment, or at least until we know more of what's going on.

** Our landlord has decided to sell our house. The house is not yet on the market and he's giving us the first chance to buy if we're interested. As the Spirit prompts and leads, would you please join us in praying about this? We are asking God for His wisdom, clear direction and provision as we move forward in whatever route He leads us in.

**Our azaleas are blooming. So beautiful! Several wisteria bushes are blooming around the neighborhood which I love to see and smell each year. I'll try to take a picture of both to post.

**Just when I thought I was really done with decluttering and that I wouldn't have enough for a yard sale this year, I've begun again in earnest. The motivating factor is the possibility of moving. There is so much I wouldn't want to have to move, even across town. And if we end up buying the house and staying here, my house will be cleaned out and organized!

What's going on in your world today?

5 comments:

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Your last paragraph you have here, is a great way to look at it. ;)

(I can almost relate- from a year ago.)

We'll be praying with you for wisdom regarding this upcoming housing decision.

Mary Ellen said...

Great score on the love seat Mary Ann! Sorry about the seedlings. My lettuce seedlings didn't even make it to pots last year. I'm going with plants this year instead of starting with seeds. Sending prayers your way regarding the house.

Mary Ellen

TJ said...

I will be praying tonight for the decision on the house. I like deals. My sisters and I buy items off of Craigs list. Great deal there too.

gail said...

moving is such a great motivator! i'm still in the decluttering phase and expect to be doing it up til moving day! which for us will be somewhere between may 30th and june 30th =)

Debbie J said...

I never dreamed moving would be so hard! Good luck with your decision Mary Ann! Its an exciting time for you. You never know what's in store for you, do you?