Thursday, April 08, 2010

Locked Doors


This past week, I finished reading through the book of John and wanted to share a little snippet of what jumped out at me in John 20.

Verse 19: 
On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

Verse 26:
A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

What stood out to me was that even though the doors were locked, Jesus was able to come in and bring His peace.

Here's what I jotted down in my Bible Study notebook:

Locked doors? Feeling trapped? At a dead end?

This does not stop Jesus!

He can open locked doors. He can make a way where there is none. Nothing is impossible with God!

He comes in and whispers peace to my heart.

2 comments:

Ramble with Carole said...

LOL!! That was the same piece of scripture that both Diane and I were drawn too!! Well put too. Hugs

gail said...

good stuff! what jumped out to me was that they locked the doors out of fear, adn that Christ came in speaking Peace to them--the opposite of fear.