Monday, September 30, 2013

Today: The Beginning Of A New Season




Today marks the beginning of a new season.

After 8 years of working from home, I'm starting a part-time job outside the home.

I stopped taking care of kids in my home at the end of August. This came after months of praying, seeking out God's direction and feeling like it was time to start something new. I let the parents know of our decision at the end of May so they had all summer to make other arrangements for their children.

This wasn't an easy decision to make. And I certainly wasn't prepared for the emotion that came over me as the end of August drew near. I've cared for so many little ones over the years and haven't experienced the emotions that I did this time. These little ones had been with me since very young infants and had become like my own.

The question I get the most is "What made you decide to quit?" I don't have a smooth, easy answer for that. A lot of things, mostly small things. Right now it seems as though working away from home is a better decision for our family.

As for me, I am quite excited about this new venture. A little nervous, but then it's been 8 years since I've worked with little ones in a  classroom environment.

There will be changes and adjustments as we seek to make this work for our family but I'm looking forward to seeing what all God is doing!

**Picture taken a few years ago. Our leaves are barely beginning to change colors yet this year! 


4 comments:

Wendi said...

Wishing you much success in your new venture! I imagine it was a difficult decision.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job. I hope you continue to blog about your frugalness, cooking, etc.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hope and trust this new season will be the beginning of new blessings and growing in your heart and life! It may seem dormant for a bit in the transition {like winter} but hope in the end you can look back and see the blooms and fruit of the process!

Mary Ann said...

Anonymous--

Don't worry, I'll still be blogging about frugality and home stuff. :-)