Wednesday, September 11, 2013

28 Dinners for September

As I mentioned yesterday, to help with planning our once-a-month grocery trip, I made a list of dinners that we'll be eating in September.

I tried to take into account for Saturday and Sunday nights when I want easy stuff and also a few nights where we will be gone in the evening. For the nights where we will be away over dinner time, I just wrote in "Early dinner/big snack" and no specific meal plan. We'll either do leftovers or snack type foods that night like cheese, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, veggies, nuts, etc. We always have something of that nature on hand so it should work out great!

Most meals will be served with a veggie or salad which I will come up with at the beginning of each week. I will choose 7 dinners off the list each week and put them on my weekly menu plan.

There are some repeats throughout the month; these are listed in no particular order! Meals marked with** indicate freezer meals that I made after shopping day and are ready to cook and eat!

Warning: Lots of links in this post!:-) 

  1. Sunday: Breakfast-in-a-hurry**
  2. Sunday: Tomato soup, cheese melts
  3. Sunday: Rice Salad
  4. Sunday: Spinach and cheese casserole**
  5. Saturday: Hot dogs
  6. Saturday: Hot dogs
  7. Saturday: Bunless burgers**
  8. Saturday: Bunless burgers**
  9. Early dinner/big snack: leftovers or snacky meal
  10. Early dinner/big snack: leftovers or snacky meal
  11. Early dinner/big snack: leftovers or snacky meal
  12. Rotisserie-style chicken #1: Chicken salad lettuce wraps
  13. Rotisserie-style chicken #2: Mexican chicken skillet
  14. Rotisserie-style chicken #3: Chicken gravy over brown rice
  15. Skillet spaghetti
  16. Pumpkin curry soup (with chicken added)
  17. Crockpot Pork Stew**(substituted pork instead of beef)
  18. BBQ chicken legs
  19. Crockpot Lentil and Rice Pilaf
  20. Crockpot Taco Soup**
  21. Crockpot Thai Chicken with peanut sauce**
  22. Crockpot Italian Sausage with peppers and onions**
  23. Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup**
  24. Beef **and Veggie Casserole (used beef instead of pork)
  25. Chicken, sweet potato, green bean bake
  26. Meatza
  27. Breakfast-in-a-hurry
  28. Baked tilapia or salmon
**Many of my freezer meals this month were crockpot meals that I assembled in gallon bags and then popped in the freezer. These were very fast to put together!
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to do menu planning so I enjoyed your post. I love your blog. Great content!

Lindy