Saturday, February 12, 2011

Homemade Valentines

I enjoy sending cards with little notes to family members for holidays throughout the year. Sometimes I make the cards and sometimes they are purchased from the store.

This does take some effort on my part and unfortunately, I usually wait until the last minute to mail them so they do not always arrive on or before the holiday.

Sure, it would be cheaper and less wasteful to send e-cards or email,  but there is something so personal and special about receiving a real card in the mailbox via snail-mail. Besides, at least half of the recipients of my cards do not have email. :-) Handwritten letters are always well-received and looked forward to so I do try to include a short note detailing our recent adventures, no matter how dull and routine they may seem to us.I know the simple words will brighten someone else's day.

This Valentines Day, I created cards from magazine pictures I'd collected. I find the cutting, arranging and pasting and picking out the right card for each person or family when I'm finished very relaxing and enjoyable. They are nothing fancy but created and sent with love!

Keeping in touch by sending little cards and letters seem to shorten the distance between us all and is a special ritual that I don't do nearly often enough!


4 comments:

~katie~ said...

Lovely! They are so cute!

Nikki said...

Mary Ann- These are so cute. I love your crafty side!

P.S. I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but when I try to click on your picture to make it bigger to see more detail, it says there's some malicious website involve.

Mary Ann said...

Nikki,

Check your anti-virus software; there should be a setting to allow you to proceed when you get that warning screen. It's not showing up that way on my computer.

Anybody else having this problem?

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the picture with no trouble. Your cards are so cute! My friends and I used to decorate cards like that years ago. I'll have to try it again!