Friday, February 04, 2011

Oregon Countryside

During my recent trip to visit my family in Oregon, I just couldn't get over how green the countryside was during the winter months. I didn't notice this when I lived there but now that I live in a place that has mostly brown grass during the winter, all the green was so pretty to me!

I took these pictures while riding in the car. I told asked my brother to pull over so I could capture the simple country beauty of the Willamette Valley.







This picture was taken closer to the Oregon coast. I thought the combination of the trees with the blue, blue sky was breathtaking!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, Mary Ann~
What beautiful pictures! Yes, everything is so green! The grass here is mostly brown too this time of year.
Thank you for sharing some pictures with us. I've enjoyed them.
Hope you have a nice weekend. :)

Wendi said...

Great pictures! I love seeing all of the green. It gives me hope that it will return, hopefully soon!

Ramble with Carole said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I agree with you about the blues and greens - stupendous!

gail said...

that's something hubby and i remarked about the first time we moved to idaho and encountered brown winter grass. now we're back in the north"wet" and i was just remarking at how green the grass is, of course i was saying this while we sat in the car with it pouring down rain and the wind blowing gusts all around us! but it looks like you caught at least one day of glorious weather. it is a most beautiful place to live when the sun does peek out.