Last week's meal plan went well. I'm carrying over Breakfast-In-A-Hurry from Saturday night since we got FREE leftover pizza from Donato's at the show we were at that day. Can't beat FREE and their pizza is yummy!
A quick review of the new recipes I tried last week. There were several!
- Orange Juice Millet: This was (I think) my first try with millet as a hot cereal. The orange juice added a nice flavor. Without sweetener added, it was edible but not great. A little raw honey on top made a huge difference! Delicious! My husband really liked this, so I'll be making it again.
- Creamy Mac and Cheese: Very easy and wonderfully good!
- Sloppy Joes: This is NOT the first time I've made sloppy joes, but the first time I tried this recipe. Andy loves a classic sloppy joe sandwich. Instead of using 2 pounds of meat, I used one (1.26 pound) package of ground beef and added a bag of cooked kidney beans to stretch the meat. Yummy! We each had 2+ sandwiches and there's still enough for lunch for both of us today.
- Wheat Rolls for Hamburger Buns: I decided to try my favorite recipe with a soaking step added in. Didn't turn out so great but still tasted good, just not what I had in mind! You can read more about "my buns" in this post. :-)
- Bean Tostados: I had some corn tortillas to use up, so I used this idea for making tostados. Frying the tortillas gave them the consistency of a tortilla chip. After adding all the toppings, it was like eating a giant nacho! My nacho-loving husband was thrilled!!!! What a great idea and corn tortillas are so cheap. I think this was our favorite recipe of the week. Definitely a winner!
** Our anniversary is this Friday and I wanted to cook a special dinner. I'm lacking in the creativity department at the moment. Any ideas? Please share in the comments!
B-banana-squash muffins, yogurt with blueberries
L-Potluck: I took a chicken-rice salad(a variation of beef-pilaf salad) and some cookies.
S-leftover rice salad
B-oatmeal with peanut butter and bananas
L-leftover sloppy joes
S-eat at church meeting
B-scrambled egg burritos
L-leftover rice salad
S-Monterrey beans and chicken over rice
B-leftover oatmeal from Monday
S-Garlic-butter spaghetti(my husband's specialty), steamed veggie
B-orange juice millet
S-Pork chops, homemade stove-top stuffing, steamed veggie
Friday: Our anniversary!
B- eggs in a nest, bacon
S-Special dinner: Not sure what yet, possibly something with shrimp? Feel free to share your suggestions!
Saturday: Yard Sale Day
S-Breakfast-in-a-hurry, fruit smoothies
**Visit Organizing Junkie to view lots more menu plans!