With packing and moving, I am just now starting to do some sewing again.
During the past week, I've made two curtains for our new home.
Back door/ kitchen curtain.
For this curtain, I used some heavy tan gingham fabric I had in my stash. This was a thrift store find a while ago for $1 for a huge piece. For a little added interest, I sewed a simple ruffle from tan linen, leftover from one of my summer skirts.
In case you didn't notice the toilet paper holder here, this is the bathroom. There was no window in the bathroom at our previous house so I really like the light that this window lets in! (We do have blinds that we pull for complete privacy. )
This curtain was super simple and created from a thrifted piece of fabric (50 cents) that was perhaps some kind of curtain or tablecloth. I cut the curtain to make good use of the already hemmed edges, so only the top edge needed to be finished for the casing. I'm
lazy efficient like that. Black and white polka dot ribbon from my stash completed the look and will coordinate with the shower curtain I have planned.
More curtains coming soon!