Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

This week was not good on the weight-loss front. But for the sake of accountability and to let you know that I am not perfect,I will chronicle my journey anyways.

Food:
I have not been recording my calories. Because of that, I think I can eat whatever I want....

Water:
Did ok, but not great!

Exercise:
What's that? Well, in my defense, my asthma has acted up due to spring allergies, so running has been out of the question. However, I could still walk and I haven't really done that either. I know that doing heavy housework and chasing toddlers counts for something, though. I haven't totally been sitting on my heiny.:-)

Successes:
For all my weakness in the food category this week, I've really been good about staying on track with breakfasts.

Challenges:
Motivation, a busy schedule and wanting chocolate and fast food!

Plans for next week:
Getting back on track with recording what I eat through Calorie Count and exercising again!

Weigh-In:
Not surprisingly, I gained 3 pounds last week! Arrghh! Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Helpful Hint:
I like using calorie-count.com to track my caloric intake and progress.

Healthy Recipe I Tried:

Ginger Stir-Fry Chicken

1 pound raw chicken breast, cut in bite-size pieces
4 T. soy sauce
2 T. sesame oil(I used olive oil.)
2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained or fresh equivalent
8 cups broccoli, fresh or frozen florets
4 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. garlic, minced or dried
Salt & pepper, to taste
18 peanuts, chopped(opt.)

Marinate chicken breast in soy sauce for at least 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Steam broccoli until crisp-tender and still with it's bright green color(about 3 minutes). Keep warm.

Heat oil in skillet. Stir-fry chicken until cooked. Add ginger and garlic. Stir well. Add pineapple; cover and heat for 1-2 minutes.

Add broccoli and toss well. Remove to plate, top with peanuts, if desired.

Serve immediately over hot, steamed brown rice.

**This amount made 2 generous meals for the two of us. We really liked this and will make it again! You can change the meat or veggie to whatever you have on hand or are in the mood for.

Thanks to Jen for hosting Weigh-In Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Way to go on eating breakfast everyday. That is one area I really struggle with. The recipe looks great. Stir frys are a big hit here...it also gets my kids to eat their veggies.