Monday, April 21, 2008

Baked Brown Rice

This is my new favorite way to cook brown rice. I read about how to do this in the comments of one of Tammy's posts.

This is the easiest way to cook brown rice and it turns out so fluffy!

Put 2 1/2 cups of rice and 5 cups water in a greased casserole dish. (I used a 9 x 13.)Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until rice is done.

This is great to put in with chicken or something that has to bake for awhile. If the oven is heated up anyways, I might as well cook more than one thing at a time. I am just lazy (or efficient) that way.

This makes a good amount of rice for a nice-sized family. I'm sure you could adjust the amounts down accordingly,(1 part rice to 2 parts water) although I haven't tried it. I make the whole amount and then use the cooked rice for other dishes throughout the week. Cooked rice can also be frozen to be used for recipes later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this, thank you! (o: