Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Refashioning: Gaucho Pants To A Skirt


 Before: Pants!

I had two pair of black knit gaucho pants that didn't fit quite right. So I hardly ever wore them.

I've been wanting some new black knit skirts for summer. One day it clicked that I could try turning these pants into skirts. 

If it didn't work I really wouldn't be out anything! 

I used this tutorial as a starting point. But basically all that was needed for this project was to cut the inside seams of the pants open and then sew them back together. Sew the two front sides to each other and then the same thing with the back pieces. (Consult the tutorial for what to with the triangle shape area from the crotch seam which if not cut and sewn straight will make a weird point/bubble in your seam!)



After: A cute skirt!

This is one of those projects that isn't perfect but I love the finished results. Now I have two black knit skirts in my closet which will be so comfy and cool for summer!

Please note: The perspective of these pictures make me look really short and wide! I'm not short and I'm doing my best to not get too wide. LOL!!! It's the direction of the camera, I guess! :-)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great idea! I don't think you look short or wide.
I do agree skirts are cooler in the summer, I am wearing one now and going out for errands, hopefully before it gets too warm.

Tracy said...

I'm on my way to look at the other tutorial. I love to make something new out of something I wasn't really using.
I like the new skirt!!!