Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Refashion: Men's Shirt to a Ruffly Peasant Top

I'm really getting in to refashioning and reviving clothing to make something new and useable.


My latest refashioning project is turning one of my husband's tshirts into a ruffly peasant top for me. 

Usually by the time he gets rid of shirts, they are only fit for the rag bag. This one just didn't fit right and still was in pretty good condition. 

An advantage to this shirt was that it's a nice shade of light blue. Score for me! I snatched that thing right up and hauled it off to the sewing room! 

I used this tutorial that I had pinned a long time ago. It was pretty easy to follow and the shirt didn't take that long to make. 

I can't really tell you exactly how long it took me because I worked on it in small snippets of time--maybe about 1 hour and 15 minutes total? Longer if you count the phone call to my sister to figure out how to do the lettuce hem on my machine!

Before: 

After:

Why go shopping for new clothes when you can make something fun at home?!? 

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Cute!

~katie~ said...

Your shirt turned out *darling*!!! Love peasant tops and love that you recycled something old into something new. Great job!

Hope you are having a lovely summer, Mary Ann!

Blessings to you~
Katie

Abbie Byers said...

very cute!!

~katie~ said...

Hey Mary Ann,

Just dropping by to let you know I was thinking of you. I hope you are doing very well.

Take care & God Bless,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Very cute

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Ann

Would you mind posting a tutorial for this re-fashioned tshirt? I went to the link you've highlighted and the tutorial no longer exist.