Five frugal things this week:
- Cut off the top of the salt container to get the last bit out!
- We were going to eat a free breakfast at Chick-Fil-A on Saturday as part of a promotion they were doing. We arrived the morning of our reservation to find they were closed until 10:30 because of inclement weather. So no free breakfast! We ran to Hobby Lobby really quick to get a few needed supplies for Etsy sewing and headed home where I proceeded to make omelets instead of eating breakfast out.
- While at Hobby Lobby, I used a 40% off coupon. Nothing I bought was high dollar but 40% off is 40% off! I will say that having the Hobby Lobby app on my iphone is great--no need to print the coupon before heading to the store! Just pull it up on the phone and show to cashier. Saving is easy!
- Harvested a head of cabbage from my winter garden.
- Cooked up a ham on Monday and ate on it most of the week. Had a ham dinner the first night with sweet potatoes and green beans, then broccoli and ham casserole and ham and lentils (with the soup bone). Also added some chopped ham to eggs and still have a bag or two to freeze for later plus have had leftovers for lunch every day. We bought this ham at 79 cents a pound before Christmas, so very frugal eating!