Five frugal activities from the past week:
- Went to the library. Would you believe I hadn't been in over a year? Hoping to make it a more regular occurrence this year. The littles are enjoying the new books we checked out.
- Harvested broccoli from our broccoli plants. We've harvested all the heads of broccoli from our plants but now little broccoli shoots have been growing. They've been around floret size--so yummy and tasty. Plan to cut some of the leaves and eat them like greens; have read that the leaves are very nutritious.
- Rock hurt his leg last weekend and after watching him for about a day, determined that he was getting worse instead of better. And he wasn't acting at all like himself. So we took him to the vet to see what was wrong. Turns out he had pulled a muscle which they gave him pain meds for. Going to the vet isn't exactly a frugal experience (although not astronomically expensive for this visit) but we remembered to take our electric co-op's membership card which gave us 10 % off of his visit cost. Every little bit helps! They entered the info into their system so now we will automatically get the discount for each visit without having to show the card.
- Stayed in budget with grocery spending for the 2nd half of the month. This is taking some extra planning and getting better about knowing my prices but so far, so good! We had been overspending in the grocery category the past few months due to poor planning and the holidays so we're buckling down and committing to sticking to our monthly budget!
- Worked on some sewing projects from my stash of scrap fabrics--more on that later!