Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year In Review


To quickly recap my blog in 2011...






On the practical side of things, I shared why I regularly purge, declutter and get rid of things, some easy meals, painting our dining room, and about using recycled gift wrap.

We continued to enjoy living frugally learning how to make homemade laundry soap and how to cut my own boneless, skinless chicken breasts, saving money on groceries in spite of rising prices, using coupons, shared about eating frugally while on vacation and of course scouring yard sales and thrift stores for hidden treasures. I even picked up a thing or two off the curb on trash day!




We love living a simple life and this year enjoyed seasonal homemade meals, shopping at the local Farmer's Market, and thoroughly embracing each season--winter, spring, summer and fall.




Creativity was a big part of our year as well...We made our own fun by dressing up a squash, grew grass for decoration, entertained the kidlets on the cheap and found an extra closet! I enjoyed making crafty things for gifts and our home!

Life was full once again with a trip to Oregon to visit my parents, changing our eating habits, and celebrating 7 years of marriage with a trip to the mountains. Taking care of several little ones during the week leaves me very little time for naps! We experienced God's kindness and provision and grew in His Word.




We thank God for His goodness and look forward to more of the same in 2012!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about becoming professional organizer? Because I could surely use some help in purging, decluttering and getting rid of stuff. We don't live too far away from each other :-)

Thanks for sharing with us and Happy New Year!

Mary Ann said...

Mary Bailey,

Thanks you. If you saw my house most days, you probably wouldn't ask me that!! It is a work in progress....:-)

Maybe start purging and decluttering by starting in one area, set the timer for 15 minutes and tossing everything you don't need or use anymore. Consistently doing this will make a huge difference!

Melanie said...

I've gotten a lot of great ideas from your blog this year, Mary Ann. I may not comment on them all, but I do read them. ;)
Happy New Year to you and your family! ♥