Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Merry Swap

It's been fun to once again join in with the Sisters Shoebox Swaps hosted by Monica and Carrie! The theme for this swap was Merry and my swap partner was Kim.

Kim doesn't have a blog but we emailed a bit back and forth in order to get to know each other better! She is a super sweet lady and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her a little and creating a box for her.

I was blown away by all that Kim packed into my box and the thought and care that went into it!So much fun! She included lots of red which I love!


Packed into a beautiful Christmas box(which you see at the back of this picture) was:

  • Set of 3 red and white kitchen towels.
  • Peppermint tea light candles.
  • Metal Merry Christmas sign.
  • An adorable nativity--love nativities and apparently am starting a small collection!
  • Ghiradelli chocolate bars.
  • Coffee.
  • Candy Cane Lane tea.
  • Mug that says -"This Home Believes" and has a nativity picture.
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer lip balm. How fun is that!?!
  • "Silver Spruce" potpourri sachet.
  • Chris Tomlin CD--Glory In the Highest.
  • Candy cane ornament.
  • Nativity ornaments made of olive wood from the Holy Lands.
 Isn't this a sweet nativity--look at those cute faces!

The Merry Christmas sign.



What I sent to Kim:
  • Christmas garland--printed from here.
  • A compilation of some of our favorite Christmas tunes.
  • Cozy Christmas socks.
  • Bag of treats for her dogs Chip and Mattie from our dog Rock.
  • Handmade little stocking filled with candy. I looked at these directions for basic how-to's but drew my own pattern and made it quite small.
  • Hot cocoa mix.--Just combined the dry ingredients and included instructions.
  • Handmade felt ornaments like these
  • Apple cinnamon candle. 
  • Merry Christmas tin(which I packed the cocoa mix in). 
**Go to Carrie's blog for more Merry swap show and tell!


    6 comments:

    *carrie* said...

    So fun to see all the goodies! I love that you made dog treats for Kim's dogs. =)

    The nativity items you received are really neat!

    Monica Wilkinson said...

    How fun! I love the little felted ornaments you made and the banner - so cute! Merry Christmas and thanks for swapping!

    Rhonda said...

    that looks like it was fun. Neat gifts on both ends.

    Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

    what fun goodies! I had so much fun this round too.

    Jessa said...

    This is the first place I have seen my garland featured! How fun to see it as part of this heartwarming swap. :) Total cuteness.

    Nikki said...

    How fun! You are so clever!