Monday, July 05, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- Company and Vacation Edition


 Fourth Of July Cupcake Flag inspired by Good Housekeeping.

Hope all of my U.S. readers had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

My parents are flying in later this week plus we're leaving for a family reunion over the weekend. So my menu plan for this week is short and sweet.

My to-do list is quite long to prepare for company and travel so I'm keeping things as simple as possible!

Our freezer is loaded with a huge beef order that we got last week, so you'll notice a good amount of beef on the menu from here on out! We got enough to last about a year! It is so good. Local grass-fed beef purchased right from the farmer. It is more expensive than buying sale-priced beef from the grocery store but we find the price is well worth it for the taste, health benefits and that we are able to support local farmers.

Breakfasts
-scrambled eggs, homemade beef sausage, toast (2x)
-hard-boiled eggs, fruit smoothies (2x)
-cold cereal, milk, berries

Lunches
-spinach salad with various veggies and cheese (2x)
-sandwiches, raw veggies, fruit (2x)
-clean-out-the-fridge-before-leaving buffet

Suppers (You'll notice a few carry-overs from last week!)
-zucchini casserole, green beans, watermelon
-beans and rice, whatever veggies we have from the garden
-scrambled eggs, homemade beef sausage, sauteed veggies
-beef and veggie stir fry, brown rice

**This post is a part of Menu Plan Mondays!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cupcake flag! I will have to keep that in mind for next year! :)

Melinda

Rhonda said...

I like your cupcake idea too - I just served the berries on the side of our cake because everyone here does not like berries.
I think your way is really cute.

~katie~ said...

This is adorable!! Plus, it's cupcakes!!! Perfect ~ thanks for the link...this is definitely something my whole family would enjoy...both making and eating! Fun!

Have a blessed 4th as well!
Katie

p.s. You can't go wrong with berries this weekend...I plan to use them as well. =)