Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- The End of the Month Edition

It's the end of June, so this week's menu is based on odds and ends of what I have on hand. I'm getting creative with what I have in hand and making plans for a stock-up grocery trip at the end of the week.

While I have a full pantry, I'm very low on baking supplies, milk, cheese, butter and the like. You know, the essentials! Time to stock-up.

We still have lots of zucchini so it's the star of the show this week, appearing almost once a day!

**stands for freezer item!

Breakfasts
--sourdough waffles, applesauce (3x)
--oatmeal (2x)
--hard boiled eggs, zucchini bread**(1x)

Lunches
--white bean spread(my own creation-similar to hummus) on pita bread, cucumber salad (2x)
--supper leftovers (2x)
--cheese and crackers, fruit smoothies (2x)

Suppers
--Chicken, mushroom, and zucchini pasta toss (my own creation), carrot sticks
--Zucchini soup (will make a double batch to freeze), French bread
--Chicken-fried steak strips, brown rice, steamed zucchini
--Beans and rice, zucchini fries (new-to-me recipe)
--Homemade pizza, salad
--Scrambled eggs, sauteed veggies

What's on your menu this week?

**To see what's cooking around the world, click on over to Organizing Junkie!

No comments: