It's snowing and I really wanted something sweet! Not sure how these two things relate but it made sense at the time!
My conclusion is that lots of baking, especially yeast items that need rising and baking time, takes more effort and time than doing a good amount of meats and main dishes. Just my thoughts, although it is wonderful to have all these fresh goodies prepared and ready to eat!
- 5 loaves of whole wheat bread
- 1 batch (8) pita pockets
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 2 smaller loaves Ham and Cheese bread- directions for making this here.
- 6- 2 cup bags of chopped chicken for casseroles, soups, chicken salad, etc.
- 1 recipe (2 square pans) carrot cake- This is to take with us when visiting family this weekend. I will make the cream cheese frosting before we go and frost the cakes after we arrive for ease in transporting.
- 1 pan of brownies- These will probably not last long!
- 1 crockpot full of chicken broth is simmering- I'll package and freeze it in a day or two.
Money Saving Mom.