Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

Here's another look at how I did this week:

Food:
I did quite well with eating balanced meals with plenty of veggies and salads. That being said, I had a bit more trouble with snacking, especially the last few days.

Water:
Doing ok here.

Exercise:
I'm getting back on the wagon. Due to knee pain, I've scaled way back with my running and working my way back up. It's getting much better!

Successes:
Saying 'no' to sweets this week. I took a nap on Saturday afternoon and when I woke up I really wanted a sweet snack. I went to rummage for something in the pantry. Right before tearing into a package of graham crackers(I really was desperate!), I was able to think clearly and put the snack away without eating anything. After all, it was only an hour until dinner! I was happy about that little moment of clear thinking.:-)

Challenges:

My will power is a bit on the low side when it comes to snacking and eating little bites of food while I'm cooking.

Plans for next week:
Start with calorie counting to see if I can speed up my weight loss a bit. I'm doing pretty well with portion control and eating mostly whole foods. I think I'm probably getting a lot more calories than I'm aware of.

Weigh-in:
I gained 2 pounds this week. So I'm now back to where I started! I really think this is more due to hormones than snacking, though.

Like Kate, I'm finding out that it is much more difficult to lose weight now that I'm in my 30's than when I was younger.

Visit Happy2B@Home for more weigh-in Wednesday posts.

1 comment:

fivejs said...

Hang in there and don't get discouraged! Great job on the will power. I've given in more times that I'd care to admit lately. It's inspiring to read how you succeeded in that, even if the scale doesn't reflect it this week. Take heart — there's always next week :)

Joy @ Five J's and Happy to be at Home