Thursday, April 07, 2011

Question & Answer

I was tagged by the sweet Tea (Get it? Sweet tea?) to do this little question and answer thingy and it looked sort of fun so here goes...

There are two rules...
Rule 1: The tagged person must post answers to the questions on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new one they've formulated themselves.
Rule 2: Tag 4 other people to do this quiz.


Here goes...
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
Definitely a member of the family but not quite as important as the human members!


2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
To be a mom.


3. What would you do with a billion dollars?

I have never been one to dream about what I'd do with lots of money so to be honest, I really don't know! For starters: buy a house, a newer and larger vehicle, save for the future, adopt, give freely to several organizations and people that we believe in... Oh, and we hate yard work so I guess having a billion dollars would give us enough extra cash to afford the luxury of hiring someone else to do it for us!


4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Prayer, reading Psalms, singing, focusing on God and other people.


5. What is your bedtime routine?
Brush teeth, jammies on, get into bed. Sometimes read for a little while. I usually drop right off to sleep.


6. Name something that has surprised you this week about motherhood (or womanhood)...
Can't think of anything at the moment.


7. What kind of books do you read?
Mostly non-fiction, cookbooks, some self-help.


8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Tea answered this one the way I would've so I'm stealing her answer: I have no idea. If the last 10 years have taught me anything, I know I pretty much have no idea what the next 10 years will bring.


9. What’s your fear? 

 Honestly can't think of one right now. When I was a kid, I had this fear of the top and bottom of escalators. Thought I would get sucked in. Even now, I'll take wide steps to avoid this. LOL!!!


10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
No. I really don't care about seeing outer space. At least not as much as eating a few Cheetos every now and then.


11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Go potty.


12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be? Or, if you’re single - if you could choose a significant other who looked like anyone in the world, who would it be?
I'm changing this question...
What is one thing you love about your husband?
He's not a picky eater!


13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
Since I don't have an answer to this one, I'm changing it to:
What is a girl's name that you like?
Clara.


14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
I do love a good rainy day! But 6 months of rain? In that case, I'd choose sun.


15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Bacon.


16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
Getting comments! Having details of our daily lives, recipes and how I do things all in one handy place to refer back to.


17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Definitely salty.

18. What items are in your purse right now?
Cash envelopes, diaper and wipes, calculator,inhaler, gum, checkbook, phone, drivers license, keys, measuring tape, comb, feminine products, inhaler, coin purse, pen, used Kleenex...


19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
I love the mountains but lately we've had the hankering to go to the beach! Maybe because other than a quick day trip with family to the Oregon Coast, Andy and I have never been to the beach together?


20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn't?
 Nothing that I can think of -- except for Wind At My Back and a few things my husband watches, I don't watch much TV.


Now I have to tag four people. No pressure, but if you're willing to play along...
Abbie
Wendi
Rhonda
Debbie J.

3 comments:

Tea said...

Haha!! I can so identify with the escalator fear!! :) It was great reading your answers! :)

Melanie said...

Hi, Mary Ann,
I enjoyed reading your answers!!

I will be praying for you about your dream! I know you would be a wonderful mom!
My husband and I found out on our sixth anniversary in 1997 that we were finally going to have a baby! We were so happy, and we always wanted Katie to have a brother or sister, but it just never happened! It's hard to understand why, but we're trusting there's a reason.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hope you're having a great week!
Take care.♥

Mary Ann said...

Melanie,

You are so kind! Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your experience; it's encouraging. I know Katie is such a blessing to your family! One thing I do know and continually remind myself of is that God's timing is always perfect.

Enjoy your weekend!