Thursday, April 14, 2011

Insight From Scripture: 2 Peter 1

2 Peter 1:

What jumps out?
 Verses 5-9: "For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;  and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;  and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.  For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins."

Why?  
Possessing the fruit of the Spirit will make me fruitful! Imagine that!!!!:-)


Application: 
Make every effort with the Holy Spirit's help to cultivate these qualities and the Fruit of the Spirit in my life so that I will be effective and productive for Him!

Area of development:
Building a love relationship with the Lord God.
Growing my faith!

Today's Prayer:
Help me to grow in the fruit of the Spirit so that I can live an effective and productive life for You! Amen.

**Care to join me this week? Read 2 Peter 1 and share your insights in the comments! If you'd like to post your insights on your blog, just leave a link to that post in the comments of this one.

No comments: