Monday, January 10, 2011

July Friday Night Sew-In Progress: More Curtains!

**This post was originally posted on 7/24/2010 on my sewing blog.


I loved joining in with the Friday Night Sew-In this time around. So fun!

I set up my sewing table and enjoyed listening to some of my favorite music while I worked.

We recently moved into a new home so getting curtains up is a big deal! We are renting so I really didn't want to go to too much expense or do anything complicated, so I went the cheap and simple route!

I purchased these off-white cotton bedspreads during our IKEA adventure last week and thought they'd be perfect for simple curtains! They were priced at $6.99 for the twin size and $9.99 for queen. I got two queens and 1 twin to make full-length curtains for the living room and guest bedroom and valances for the kitchen and dining area.  Five windows in all for right about $30.

These were quick and easy to sew since I took advantage of the already hemmed edges! Of course, I still had to finish a few because of the cutting involved but it was minimal.

I finished 6 full-length panels and 2 valances within about 2  and a half hours. I wanted a little pom-pom fringe on the valances, which I didn't have on hand so I got that today and then stitched it on.I still have about two-thirds of one bedspread leftover for another project.

I love how these turned out!

The full-length curtains shown here in the guest room.

One of the valances with black pom-pom fringe- this one is over the kitchen sink.

Curtains on the windows really make a house more homey, don't you think?

No comments: