Tuesday, March 09, 2010

My 2nd 5k

This weekend I participated in my 2nd 5k run (3.1 miles) at Berry College in Georgia. My sweet in-laws live very close by so we and my sister and brother-in-law and their kids all came for the weekend. Coming for the run was a good excuse to get to spend time together!
 Start/finish line

My sister-in-law Becky ran with me in the 5k. She and her husband are both training for a half marathon in a few weeks. It was very sweet of her to run with me since on her own she's fast enough that she would've had a good chance of winning in her age group. Her husband (my brother-in-law) also ran the 5k and came in 3rd in his age group!
Becky and I after the run.

This race seemed extremely long to me possibly because I wasn't familiar with the area but I really liked running with Becky. She was very encouraging and motivating throughout.

I know I ran a  little faster with her beside me and I came in at 36:15. That's 1:30 faster than my first run! For folks who have been running for a while or are just naturally fast, that's still very slow, but I am just grateful that I've been able to do this!
All three of us after the run.

The kids participated in a 1 mile run that took place a little later in the morning. They were so cute and did a great job! 

Our nieces and nephew after their run. 

Berry College has a beautiful campus and wonderful old buildings. It was a great place to run and hang out with family!

 


3 comments:

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Cool!! I have no stamina - you can run for the both of us, anytime. ;)

I'll serve the lemonade at the end!!!

Mary Ann said...

Bevy,

Lemonade and refreshment people are always needed and appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kathryn said...

I'll be there with Bevy... ;-) The kids are so cute!