Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Mini- Freezer Cooking Day- Part 1

My freezer cooking day is well underway.

I'm a poet and didn't know it!

It's just a mini freezer-fest and most of it is baking today. We went out to get a few groceries yesterday and were so amazed to find many good deals on marked down meats! Seriously, there were so many, we had to just pick and choose. On the way home, I contemplated adding a few other things to my cooking day, like baking a huge ham I scored for $.69 a pound! I am so glad now that I decided to keep the plan as it was. I am so tired today after an extremely busy day yesterday which included the funeral for the father of a friend.

So I'm keeping it simple.  And in a few weeks when I have more staple items on hand, I'll do another big freezer day focusing on meats, main dishes and lunch items.

It's just after 8:30 and I have 10 pounds of chicken leg quarters baking in the oven, a big batch of whole wheat bread and 2 batches of French bread rising.

I'm getting ready to eat some breakfast, then shape the French bread into loaves as soon as it's ready to go.

I'll update again in a few hours and hopefully get my menu plan posted as well.

No comments: