Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I'm back from an awesome weekend taking in a women's retreat! What an sweet and wonderful time with God and other Godly ladies. God showed me many things throughout the weekend which was really cool. I'd forgotten how totally exhausting these weekends can be; I've been dragging around today like I have a hangover. :-)

This looks like another busy week! I'm trying to keep the menu pretty simple for the most part. I didn't get to the ribs and mashed potatoes meal before I left for the weekend last week, so that meal is making another appearance this week!

**indicates already prepared freezer meals. 

Monday 
To do: make menu plan for week; soak pinto beans
B- homemade plain yogurt with bran cereal topping; apple slices
L- My husband surprised me by taking me out!
S- broiled pizza bread ( spaghetti sauce, ground beef and white cheddar cheese spread on bread and broiled); spinach salad

Tuesday
To do: soak millet
B- eggs, toast, sauteed peppers and onions
L- lunch meat sandwiches, sliced veggies and oranges
S- pinto beans (crockpot), brown rice, shredded white cheddar cheese, tomatoes

Wednesday
B-millet porridge cooked with chopped apples
L-leftovers
S- BBQ ribs(crockpot), mashed potatoes, green beans

Thursday
B- leftover millet porridge
L-leftovers
S- spaghetti, steamed veggies and /or salad

Friday
B-cornmeal mush with cheese, apple slices
L-leftovers
S- lentil soup, corn muffins

Saturday
B-leftover cornmeal mush with cheese, apple slices
L-sandwiches, fruit and veggies
S- pizza pockets**, salad

For more menu planning inspiration, please visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments: