Although these may look like croutons, they are not.
These are tasty, crispy potato cubes! My sister served these when we visited them about a month ago. Since then, I made these twice. Everyone I've served these to have devoured them!
I've never been good at making oven fries or potato wedges. But these I can do. They turn out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside every time.
The only changes that I would make to the recipe is the herbs and spices. I used what I had on hand- basil, oregano and garlic powder and it tasted great. I also found that it took around 45 minutes to bake.
Crispy Potato Cubes- serves 4
Recipe from Taste of Home
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper. Add potatoes; seal bag and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; stir in the garlic. Add potatoes and bay leaf.
- Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender. Discard bay leaf.