Friday, March 04, 2011

Haven- Day 5


This was a crazy day at my house. 

I've been baking bread to sell every other Friday and today was Bread Day. I enjoy doing this but it makes the day a little more hectic!

It was just one of those days where I couldn't seem to get ahead. You know those days, right? Nothing horribly wrong, just one little thing after another!

And Baby Girl even slept for almost 3 hours straight this morning; something that almost never happens!

Anyways, I baked bread, did laundry, took care of Baby Girl,  and did a few other small things around the house.

By late afternoon, I knew I did not have the energy to make the homemade pizza  that I had planned for tonight's supper. I didn't think I could handle mixing and baking one more thing and then cleaning it all up! I was planning to heat up some leftovers when Andy offered to take me out for burgers. Well... I wasn't going to turn that down! We can do pizza tomorrow night.

So we went to our favorite local burger joint which was super yummy and now we're settling in to watch a movie from Redbox.

A relaxing way to end the week! 

**Monica asked us to share a highlight from this Making Your Home A Haven week. I think the highlight for me was really focusing on my home running more smoothly and  getting back into a routine. I really like having specific challenges to focus on each day; it helps to keep me more intentional in my homemaking. And I always enjoy reading how other ladies are creating cozy havens for their own families!

Thank you, Monica, for hosting the Haven series! 

Hope everyone has a blessed and restful weekend. 

3 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

What a perfect ending to your hectic day - dinner out and a movie at home! I'm always looking for good movie suggestions - anything you've seen lately worth recommending?

Phyllis said...

I agree, it made me more intentional in my homemaking, too. Sounds like you had a busy day!

pippasmum said...

I love baking bread but it really does take a lot of time. The burgers sound like a nice and thoughtful treat! Enjoy a peaceful weekend!