Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sights And Sounds Of Spring

 Pot of pansies in a neighbor's yard.

We've been enjoying lovely spring-like weather here this week. Not sure if it will stick around as it's not unusual to get snow in March, but we're liking the sun and high temperatures while it's here!

 Robin.

With windows open, I can hear: 

* soft breeze blowing
* birds chirping
* wind chimes on my porch 
* church bells ringing in the distance
* dogs barking

 We've been spending a lot of time at the park these days and discovering that Baby Girl loves the swing!

First daffodils seen in the neighborhood.

"Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land."
Song of Solomon 2:12

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! Daffodils blooming already! They're so pretty. I know spring is on the way when I see them. :)
Mine are just barely peeking through the ground!
Have a great day. :)

Wendi said...

So looking forward to spring like days! Freezing rain to snow is in the forecast for herr. Yuck! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Sure lifted my spirits!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

You're photos are beautiful...

getting me antsy for SPRING!!!!!!!! ;)

SimonasKitchen Simona Cherubini said...

how lovely! this makes me remember when my daughetr (nearly 7 ...) was 2-3- years old and we went to gardens... time flies!!!