Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

I'm joining in once again with Kate and Joy from Happy To Be At Home to update you on my weight-loss progress.

Food:
Doing pretty well. I'm making sure to add a salad or vegetable to my lunches which helps to balance the carb factor that seems to be more present with lunch leftovers.

Water:
I'm getting back on track with drinking enough water. Not perfect...but I'm doing better.

Exercise:
I've slowed down a bit due to the pain in my one knee. Taking a friend's advice, I'm icing my knee (with ice not frosting,LOL!!!)after running as well as every evening and applying heat to it before I run. It really does help! He also suggested going back to more of a walk/run again. This week I've been doing more walking than running, to give my knees a bit of a break. Hopefully I'll get back into the groove soon.

Successes:
I made a chocolate pizza for our belated Valentine's dinner at home. It was very good. I only ate a small piece and sent a large amount of it the next day when my husband went to be with some friends, leaving only a small portion in the refrigerator for him to eat over the weekend. I did eat a small chunk later on but wasn't tempted to overindulge. That is a big success!

Challenges:
The knee pain makes it difficult to keep running, so it's hard to know whether to keep on or just walk instead.

Plans for next week:
Continue on!

Weigh-in:
No weight loss or gain this week. I wish the weight-loss would go faster but I am grateful for the discipline I am learning. It will be worth it in the long run!

No comments: