Monday, June 02, 2008

Cool Breakfasts for Hot Days

Inspired by this post, I decided to make my own short list of simple breakfast ideas for summer.

The goal was to create nutritious breakfasts that would be light and filling but yet not heat up the kitchen.

Here's what I came up with based on our tastes and budget. Feel free to add your own 2 cents in the comments section!

All meals would be accompanied by some kind of fresh fruit which is what I try to do year-round anyways. Except the smoothies which are fruit. In that case, I would add some kind of grain on the side such as toast or a bagel.Whenever I make muffins, pancakes or waffles, I make a huge batch and freeze for fuss-free breakfasts and snacks later on. We eat breakfast pretty early in the day so I try to plan menus that require as little morning prep work as possible!

*Cool* Breakfast Ideas

~muffins or quick breads
~homemade granola bars
~yogurt- homemade or store-bought
~cottage cheese
~cheese chunks
~toast
~hard-boiled eggs
~cold cereal
~smoothies
~bagels with cream cheese
~waffles or pancakes
~quiche(made ahead and eaten cold)

I will probably still make a "hot" breakfast on occasion this summer but this list gives me a great start with summery meals to start our days!

No comments: