Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Random Thoughts

I have lots of posts started and in draft form but by the time nap time rolls around I lack the brainpower to get them ready to post! Oh well...I guess I need to work on that.

I will be trying to get more non-cooking posts up. I love to cook so that's why my blog seems to be full of kitchen-related posts. :-) I do like to keep a little more variety here, though!

Andy's grandmother is very ill. She is battling cancer. Please pray for her. We were to visit her over the weekend and it is only a matter of time before she goes home to be with the Lord. It was horrible to see her so sick and so sad to tell her good bye. But we will be happy for her when she has no more pain!

ETA: Andy's grandmother passed away this afternoon.

The garden that we planted with friends is producing like crazy already. We have been eating zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, banana peppers and cucumbers so far.Yum! I've pretty much thrown the menu plan out the window for the time being so I can make the best use of the garden produce.

We want to make use of the neighborhood pool at some point. The cost is $2 per adult. Swimming would feel so good at the end of a hot Southern day. We've lived here 4 years and this year is the first that I've looked into using the pool! I've always wondered if it was open to the public but never checked into it before this year.

I really need to order my blender replacement. I want smoothies!

Happy summer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Ann,
I am sorry to hear of your husband's grandmother being so ill. I will pray for her today.

I always enjoy you writing about cooking and recipes. I'd love to hear more details about your gardening adventures too. I'm a beginner garden so I have lots to learn still.

Take care, Lyn

Anonymous said...

Sorry, meant "gardener". :)

*carrie* said...

Mary Ann,

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad you could spend some time with Andy's grandmother.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Black Cat said...

I'm sure you'll miss your husband's grandmother but like you say, it's so good to know her suffering's over. I shall be praying for your family.

I've recently found your blog - it's very encouraging. Thank you!