Friday, May 17, 2019

Frugal Friday

A place to share this week's frugal wins, unexpected blessings from God, ways I've been resourceful or got ahead this week.

I hope you'll share your frugal ways in the comments!

This week's frugal wins, blessings and resourcefulness...
  • Packed all of my husband's lunches this week.
  • Our neighbor tilled our garden plot for us. Now to get some things planted!
  • Made a batch of homemade yogurt in the Instant Pot.
  • Stayed in budget when grocery shopping. 
  • Mostly stayed home!
  • Stopped in  at Goodwill (first time in MONTHS!) and found a few needed items for myself, plus cute shoes to put aside for Ilona to wear in a couple years. 
 I have a weak spot for Mary Jane shoes--so I pick them up for future use as I find them in good second-hand condition. 

  • Batch-cooked a bunch of ground beef and bacon to freeze. 
  • Froze some extra shredded cheese I had on hand. Also some chicken breasts I found on sale. 
  • We walked around the neighborhood and used our recumbent bike for exercise.
  • Drank mostly water and ate at home. 
  • Used cloth diapers and wipes when we were at home. 
  • Hung some laundry up to dry instead of using the dryer. 
  • Put several dollars worth of change in our change jars
  • Attended our electric co-op's annual meeting day--by doing so we will receive a $15 bill credit next month. (It was a rainy day so we opted for the drive-thru option.)


I spruced these rusty pots (not cute rust) up with some spray paint I already had. So cheerful!
How did you save money this week? 

1 comment:

Out My window said...

Great savings mary ann and I love the little shoes. Too cute.