Saturday, January 06, 2018

Goals For The New Year--2018

Pretty summer flowers to remind us that brighter (and warmer) days are ahead!

I think it's safe to say that 2017 was not our favorite year! But even in the midst of a cancer diagnosis and treatment, God was so faithful to us and to His Word. He has taught us so much through this experience so in a weird way, I wouldn't really want to change it.

At the same time however, experiences such as these can wear a person down. It is just a lot to deal with!

As I go into 2018, I feel tired. Excited with the promise of a new, bright, shiny year. But just a bit tired.

My goals for 2018 include the word 'intentional'.

To me, being intentional means living life with a purpose, making choices that align with my values, aiming for a specific goal.

Being intentional this year means:
  • Not overloading my schedule. 
  • Allowing time for rest and downtime. I don't want to be "busy" all the time.
  • Being creative, just because. I like to make things and that is the first to go with a busy schedule.
  • Continue decluttering the house. I'm using this chart to motivate me! And planning an early spring yard sale as a goal for getting the stuff out of the house and helping with my next point here. ;-)
  • Practicing frugality and carefulness in our finances in order to rebuild our savings and pay off some home debt we incurred in 2017. 
  • Creating simple home routines that I can be consistent with long-term and actually see results!
  • Continue reading God's Word with purpose and be part of a group that meets weekly to disciple others. 
  • Being careful to not let other's ideas and expectations of me dictate my daily life and decisions. 
  • Living mindfully. Making careful, deliberate and thoughtful choices.
Here's to an intentional year!

Have you thought about any goals for 2018? if so, would you please share them in the comments? Thank you! 





2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I pray that you have a great 2018... a year full of peace and rest!

Denise said...

Wishing you a blessed new year........I do "get" what you mean about not changing a thing, eleven years ago my family went through a life changing event and were blessed so much, wouldn't change it, God is so good.

I am so glad I decided to stop by your blog, the link you shared will be helpful in my quest to declutter. I look forward to seeing your progress in the coming year.