I think it's safe to say that 2017 was not our favorite year! But even in the midst of a cancer diagnosis and treatment, God was so faithful to us and to His Word. He has taught us so much through this experience so in a weird way, I wouldn't really want to change it.
At the same time however, experiences such as these can wear a person down. It is just a lot to deal with!
As I go into 2018, I feel tired. Excited with the promise of a new, bright, shiny year. But just a bit tired.
My goals for 2018 include the word 'intentional'.
To me, being intentional means living life with a purpose, making choices that align with my values, aiming for a specific goal.
Being intentional this year means:
- Not overloading my schedule.
- Allowing time for rest and downtime. I don't want to be "busy" all the time.
- Being creative, just because. I like to make things and that is the first to go with a busy schedule.
- Continue decluttering the house. I'm using this chart to motivate me! And planning an early spring yard sale as a goal for getting the stuff out of the house and helping with my next point here. ;-)
- Practicing frugality and carefulness in our finances in order to rebuild our savings and pay off some home debt we incurred in 2017.
- Creating simple home routines that I can be consistent with long-term and actually see results!
- Continue reading God's Word with purpose and be part of a group that meets weekly to disciple others.
- Being careful to not let other's ideas and expectations of me dictate my daily life and decisions.
- Living mindfully. Making careful, deliberate and thoughtful choices.
Have you thought about any goals for 2018? if so, would you please share them in the comments? Thank you!