There are many reasons for this but the biggest one is that 2015 was. a. year. There was good. There was not as good. It was crazy. It was wonderful. It was overwhelming at times. It was exhausting most of the time.
|With my Grandma. July 2015.|
- Andy's grandfather(92) passed away in January. My grandmother (94) passed away in December. I also lost 2 great-aunts and 2 great-uncles this year.
- We began the adoption process informally in January and formally in March. Our home study began in July and finished up in August. We received notification of approval in October. We are officially a waiting family--our next step is to be chosen by a birth mother to parent her child.
- We went to Oregon to visit family in July. I went again for Grandma's funeral in December.
- We had 3 yard sale fundraisers for our adoption. Three! Many people donated household items to sell and all proceeds went into our adoption fund. It was a blessing and each sale was a rousing success but by the last one--let's just say we were more than happy to let Goodwill have the leftovers!
- I worked a LOT of extra hours in 2015. A blessing, yes. I believe I worked more full-time hours than not.
- We kept our car mechanic in business during the summer. There was a day or two where both vehicles were in the shop at the same time. Crazy!
- At the same time, we got good use out of our AAA membership. You know it's bad when the towing company recognizes your name immediately and asks "Where to this time?"
- We did lots of paperwork. Hello, adoption!
- I've met lots of wonderful adoptive moms. Some are in process just like we are.
- We didn't do any home projects this year. We didn't garden. There's a reason there were no follow-ups to my Lasagna Gardening post--there was no follow-up! Ha! We hardly even went to the Farmer's Market this year. It was definitely a year of survival!
- We saw God's hand in our lives in a powerful way. We have felt His Presence. We have seen Him move mightily in not only our lives but the lives around us.
- And that, my friends, is why we can face 2016 with hope and confidence. Because God (Immanuel) is with us!