Saturday, February 04, 2012

Quick Low-Grain Meal: BBQ "Meatballs"

This is what we had for supper tonight. I had nothing planned and needed something pretty easy as I was already cooking several dishes for tomorrow's Sunday fellowship and a Super Bowl party. I already had a pound of ground beef out to thaw and was only going to use 1/4 to 1/2 of it.

So I decided to cook it all, remove what I needed for the other dish I was making and add BBQ sauce** to the rest. I also added some cooked rice to the mixture, let it heat through for a few minutes, then served it up with some cauliflower on the side. Quick, easy and super yummy!

Tasted a lot like BBQ meatballs over rice without all the work!

I pinned this idea from Hummingbird Homemaking a few months back. She cooks a similar low-grain diet for her family and has lots of great ideas!

**As we know, BBQ sauce is super high in sugar. We use it occasionally as a compromise food. I have made my own at times but typically I keep a bottle on hand for convenience. We like Bulls-Eye brand which doesn't contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.


No comments: