Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Priorities During A Busy Time

What are your priorities during a very hectic and busy season?

Since I'm in one of those seasons right now, I spent a little time thinking it over last week and here's what I came up with.

Note: This is suitable for me, my family and my lifestyle. It will probably not work for you; adapt as needed!

Daily:

  • Quiet time with God-usually 15-30 minutes.
  • Sweeping and vacuuming floors.
  • Meal prep-keep meals simple!
  • Kitchen clean-up.
  • Make bed.
  • Keeping house generally neat.
  •  Thirty minutes of exercise-this is usually a walk with dog and stroller in tow but it works and is a win-win for all of us!
  • Childcare(if applicable).
Weekly/Bi-weekly:
  • Clean clothes, towels and sheets.
  • Keeping to my budget.
  • General cleaning- kitchen, bathroom, floors.
  • Two-hour freezer cooking session-this has helped tremendously to have some prep work done and food ready to pull out. This is beneficial for both time and budget!
  • Stretching grocery trips to save time and money. 
  • Planning and using my calendar!
When life gets hectic, how do you keep your priorities in order and still stay sane?

No comments: