Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I'm Thankful For What God Is Teaching Me

While on this journey of thankfulness, I'm reminded to be thankful for what God has been teaching me.

Our lives have been overhauled this past year it seems. God is changing us and molding us to be more like Him! This is exciting but not always fun!

At one point, I told a friend that I didn't realize that we were so messed up! She smiled and replied that it's not so much about how messed up we all are, but that God is using the toothbrush to clean out the cracks and crevices that may be hindering us from living the abundant life Jesus died to give us.

For me personally, He's teaching me to trust in Him rather than circumstances, people (including myself) and finances. He's bringing balance to me especially in the area of my task-oriented personality. He's growing my faith by answering prayer and providing in wonderful ways

A lot of teaching. A lot of learning to do. It's not always so pleasant. But still, I'm so thankful for His presence in my life and how He's making me into the person he created me to be!

No comments: