Monday, September 06, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- Back In The Saddle Again


I've taken a  couple of weeks off from menu planning and I'm glad to be getting back into it this week! Not having a plan doesn't work well at all for me...let me tell you. There's less stress, we eat better and our grocery budget stays in line better when I plan our menus.

I made a 4 week menu plan a few weeks ago and it needs some serious tweaking to be a perfect fit for this season of our lives. The first week worked great. The second not so much. And then I gave it up since I felt like a failure since it wasn't working. The truth is, I need to work on it more and change some meals around. I really want it to work since it will simplify my life! And it includes more of our favorite meals, which I often forget to include in my weekly meal plans. I love to eat.

In the meantime, I've used those meal plans as a guide from which to create this week's menu.I plan to make more of supper most nights so we have plenty for lunch the next day. It just might be easier than having to scrounge up something for lunch every day!

Monday
B- homemade cinnamon rolls
L- grilled hamburgers, chips, carrot-raisin salad
S- leftovers

Tuesday
B- cream of wheat
L- combination of leftovers and peanut butter sandwiches
S- meatloaf**, rice, steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrot blend

Wednesday
B- sourdough waffles, scrambled eggs
L- leftovers
S- homemade pizza, spinach salad

Thursday
B- cream of wheat
L- leftovers
S- omelets, toast, smoothies

Friday
B- baked oatmeal
L- egg salad sandwiches
S- spaghetti, garlic bread, salad

Saturday
B- baked oatmeal
L- egg salad sandwiches
S- spaghetti leftovers

**This post is part of Menu Plan Mondays!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm interested in the Leftover and Peanut Butter Sandwiches...are they kinda like the iceberg lettuce and PB that Mom used to make for our school lunches? LOL

Mary Ann said...

Kathryn,

You're silly! You know what I mean... We had leftovers as well as pb sandwiches, not the two combined. I remember PB and lettuce all too well...shudder!