Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Air Freshener

With all the wonderful rain we've had this week, I began to notice a musty smell in our house.

Regular air freshener wasn't really doing much of anything and I wasn't cooking anything at the time that could permeate the house with a more pleasing scent.

I sliced an apple and put it in a small saucepan with a couple of cinnamon sticks and enough water to cover.

Allowing this simple mixture to simmer on the stove top did the trick! What a  nice autumn-y smell!

This mixture can also be used in a potpourri pot or a tiny crock pot. Always use common sense and make sure enough water is always in the pot as it does cook down over time as well as turning it off before leaving the house!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Sound similar to what I "throw" together and put on the woodstove when the house needs freshening. Sometimes I throw in orange peels and some whole cloves, I can smell yours from here, LOL.