Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal

What's happening in my home?

In the kitchen... I baked bread yesterday. I also made yogurt in the crockpot. I've been making it that way for over a year. Last week's batch did not turn out; the first time it hasn't worked for me. Thankfully, this week's was fine! I'm draining some of it to make a Greek-style yogurt/yogurt cheese and also to use the whey for soaking. I'd like to make Valentine's cookies or a nice treat tomorrow. I'm not quite sure what yet. These really look good and I have all the ingredients on hand!

In my marriage... Going well. Not much changes from week to week! Which is primarily a good thing, I guess. :-) We're planning a day trip this weekend for Valentine's day. We're going to a  small town to poke around in antique shops, thrift stores and maybe a museum. This is one of our favorite ways to spend time together. We're both looking forward to it!

Around the homestead... Need to start making garden plans. Do I want to continue with small flowerbed gardens and containers or do I want to till up a bigger spot in the backyard  this year? I really would like to can my own tomatoes so I know I would need quite a few plants if I was to grow enough. I like the idea of Square Foot Gardening but the start-up cost is prohibitive. Andy would also rather wait until we have our own place for that.

In the sewing room... A simple heart decoration for Valentine's day. Some mending. Hoping to get in there this afternoon to start making more items to sell. Spring craft shows will be starting soon so I want to increase my inventory.

In my 'inner man'... More work on becoming a woman of kindness and gentleness. I tend towards sarcasm, so I've had to bit my tongue and refrain from speaking several times! Self-control and self-discipline is alsoa  work in progress.

Thanks for reading and many thanks to Sylvia for hosting the Homekeeper's Journal!

No comments: