Monday, September 07, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Happy Labor Day to all my American friends! I hope you are enjoying the last official summer holiday and that you were able to get your free Chick-fil-a sandwich today by wearing some kind of sports team apparel. We went at lunch and got our free sandwich. Yum! Thank you, Chick-fil-a! Many, many other folks were also taking advantage of this offer and you can too until closing time today. (Wearing a team shirt or other item is so easy, anybody can do it. Much easier than dressing up as cows for free food!) Oh and in case you were wondering, he wore a Redskins jersey and I wore a Chicago Cubs shirt. Our two favorite teams! Go Skins, Go Cubbies!

Here's the rest of the week's menu:

I was excited to find a butternut squash for $1.50 and an eggplant for $1 at a roadside stand yesterday. I love squash; it's one of my favorite fall foods!

Sunday-Salad, pretzels and hummus

Monday-Eat at church meeting. I'm taking some ice cream.

Tuesday- Fried and breaded eggplant with spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese, corn on the cob, salad

Wednesday- Rice with sausage and apples, honey butternut squash, salad

Thursday- Beef stroganoff in crock pot, noodles, orange-ginger carrots

Friday- Pan-fried round steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy, some kind of veggie or salad

Saturday-omelets, toast, fruit smoothies

**For more menu planning inspiration, head on over to Organizing Junkie!

1 comment:

constant gina said...

thanx for the reminder...on my way NOW!!!