Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gratituesday: The Simple Things

If you read here long enough, you'll realize that it doesn't take much to make me happy. The little events, the simplest things often fill my heart with thankfulness and praise.

This can seem rather silly sometimes. I did write a post about  scrapbook paper, after all!

Sometime this summer, I got some Hefty zipper bags for a wonderful price by combining a sale with coupons. I even told a friend about my awesome score, finishing the lively tale (complete with hand motions) with " And they were the zipper kind with the little slider on the top!" Apparently, this made me very happy.

Last week, I posted on Facebook how excited I was about the arrival of my gluten order. Yes. I am original.

I think I've created a pretty strong case for how much I like the little things!

Some simple things I'm thankful for today:

  • The cool fall weather we're experiencing this week. The mornings are so nice and cool. Great for running!
  • We had a nice wind yesterday. Actually, it was pretty strong at times and lots of branches came down around the neighborhood. I had laundry out on the clothesline and wind blowing through helped it to dry softer and more quickly.
  • Yummy breakfast burritos this morning!
  • A very successful show last Saturday. We sold  a lot of product! Praise the Lord!
  • We listed a few items on ebay this week. They are already doing very well. Another praise!
  • A nice walk with Cherished Dog this morning. 
  • Cleaning out boxes and decluttering!
What simple things are you thankful for today? 

**Thanks to Laura of Heavenly Homemakers for hosting Gratituesday!

No comments: