Kate from A Simple Walk asked these questions about blogging habits.
Here are my answers to her questions.
1. Do you keep a running list of blog post ideas? I have tried. Sometimes the list is more in my head. Lately, I've been approaching it as "What's going on in my home right now?" and then blogging about that.
2. Do you only blog on certain days and about certain topics? I blog most often on weekdays. I like to contribute to Menu Plan Mondays, Works For Me Wednesdays and Frugal Fridays occasionally, but otherwise, I post whatever I feel like.
3. Do you limit the number of memes you will participate in? And if so, what qualifications must a meme meet in order for you to join? These get boring after a while. I mean, how many random facts do I want to share about myself?
4. Do you keep your family anonymous, or do you use real names? I use first names only for my husband and I. I'm not sure how I would handle this with children.
5. Do you feel guilty if you don't post for a few days?Not currently. I used to. Nowadays, I try to shoot for about 4-5 blog posts a week. If I do more, that's great. If I do less sometimes, that's fine too. I'm trying to keep it all in balance and do what works for me instead of trying to keep up with everyone else.
6. Are there any off-limit topics that you will not blog about? Yes! Anything that I deem to be too personal or controversial. I will not say much about the children that I babysit or mention their names online.
7. Do you monitor your blog stats on a regular basis? Not right now.
8. Do you ever sit and stare at your computer monitor, waiting for inspiration to hit, only to give up and decide to just post tomorrow? (Or, even better, when that inspiration does not hit, do you think "Oooh, I know, I'll ask everyone else about their blogging habits!")Oh yes! See #5.
9. Do you, without fail, refrain from blogging on any certain days of the week?
I don't usually blog on the weekends. But it's not set in stone.
10. Do you do most of your blogging in one day and then just publish throughout the week?
I'm trying to do this more and more.
11. Do you limit the number of posts you will do on any one day?Quite frankly, I try to space my posts out since I tend to run out of things to say. So I don't usually post more than once or twice in the same day.