Second, I hadn't ever really done much more than general cleaning in here before. The windows, walls and blinds were in sorry need of deep-cleaning. These before pictures don't show the worst of this clutter, especially since the best shot turned out way dark. But, I'll be glad to tell you all about it!
BeforeI probably don't need to tell you that this room took me a full day to complete. :-) I was exhausted after tackling this. Here's a general list of what all I did:
- washed windows
- washed blinds
- scrubbed baseboards, walls, window frames, doors and door frames
- moved washer and dryer and cleaned underneath the best I could-you do not want to know what I found under there!
- cleaned off the freezer, washer, dryer and water heater
- cleaned all shelves and counter spaces
- reorganized pantry, cleaning supplies and all other variety of extra supplies I store in there
- reorganized tools and gardening supplies
- swept cobwebs
- put all clean clothes away!
- swept and scrubbed the floor
AfterIt looks weird to have a big bucket of laundry soap on top of the freezer, but since I still do some part-time child care, I prefer to have an open bucket out of reach. This one is not even half-full, so it's not that heavy. I love how the pantry looks now that it is freshly organized.
AfterMy husband was impressed with his neat shelf of tools and equipment. We do have a shed for most of this stuff, but the smaller tools that he uses are just handier to keep in the house for easy access. The weed-eater and hedge trimmer are kept inside so they are plugged in and charged.:-)
So far, I've done the laundry room, kitchen, living room, dining room and hallway. Left to clean are the bathroom, bedroom and office. (I'm glad I tackled the worst rooms first!)I definitely am on the home-stretch here-if I can just keep going!