Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Planning For The Week

I've shared my meal plans fairly consistently for quite some time now. I thought I'd start something new and post my to-do list and some of my plans for each week combining them with my menu plan post.

I love to plan; sometimes I think I prefer the planning part to actually carrying out the plan! The quote "Failing to plan is planning to fail""  is often true for me as I seem to be a whole lot more productive when I have a plan and a to-do list so I can check things off as I go.

Whenever making plans, however, I have to remember this verse from Proverbs 16:9 (NLT): " We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps."

It's vital to commit our plans to the Lord each day being open to His leading! My weeks and days very seldom turn out just like I think they will and many times certain tasks do not get crossed off the list. My meal plans very rarely go exactly as written out! Life happens and it's ok.

Menu plan for the week (Monday through Saturday): 

Suppers:
1) "Egg Roll" lettuce wraps( shredded cabbage, chopped chicken, grated carrot and onion sauteed in skillet with some spices and soy sauce and served in lettuce leaves), sauteed zucchini

** I've been buying cabbage at the farmer's market the past few weeks and this has been a favorite way to use some of it. Two people can only eat so much coleslaw! We love homemade egg rolls but since we're currently not eating wheat/bread items-- no egg roll wrappers.:-( So we tried it with lettuce instead and it's surprisingly yummy!

2) Buffalo chicken salad, deviled eggs

3) Meeting: Taking sweet potatoes cooked in the crockpot (works great!) and a veggie.

4) Turkey and gravy (from freezer; heat in crockpot), rice, veggie

5) Grilled pork chops, green beans, salad

6) Salmon patties( with rice instead of bread crumbs), two veggies

Lunches:

1) Chicken and rice (from freezer), leftover coleslaw, fresh veggies
2) Leftover egg roll lettuce wraps, fresh veggies
3) Soup (from freezer), veggies
4) Random assortment of leftovers
5) Leftover turkey and gravy
6) Whatever's left or something quick and easy.

Breakfasts:
** scrambled eggs with veggies (5x)
** grain-free banana pancakes(new to me recipe), breakfast meat (1x)


On My To-Do List this week:
1) Set up Facebook page for blog.  Done!
2) Work on a couple of gifts.
3) Yard work and gardening-- focusing on getting my few garden plants planted and some bushes trimmed. In progress!
4) Revise budget in time for the new month. 
5) Get some paperwork sent in.

Wishing all of you a wonderful week! 

What are some of the things on your to-do list this week?

No comments: